Sunday, September 10, 2006

La Brocante de Montchauvet....


Happy Sunday!
Today was Montchauvet's Annual Brocante and I have been doing it with Jenny for the past 4 years...
Lynn our english girl friend joined us this year and instead of 5 meters we got 7 meters of selling space....
Well I showed up at 5:30am the town was all quite and dark, I wanted to get there early because its hard to find parking if you show up any later
and the usual customers start off very early, before I even set up the table they already wanted to go threw my boxes...
Well we had a great day and sold quite a lot....by 11am Jenny got some Pinot Rouge from a guy in the village who makes it himself, that warmed us up and got us real friendly....then for lunch she prepared this great feast for us with a nice bottel of Rosé so you can imagine we had a hell of a time, by the end of the day we were giving the stuff away....Well the night before I had done two trips to Jenny's house to drop of stuff and I said to myself no way am I doing this on the way back....one trip only so get rid of the stuff....the rest of the stuff that didn't go, I will be giving to my friend Laurance who does her annual trip to Senegal and always asks for stuff for the kids out there, last year I gave her two full suitcases full of goodies, and she's still thanking me for them...
The kids all had a blast, Montchauvet is a great little town, and everyone is so nice....
I hope you all had a great Sunday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home