Monday, July 03, 2006

Recuperating....


My experience in Lourdes has been one that I will never forget… I felt great love. Love and a superior energy that you get from the powerful presence of everyone there and even more so from the patients who suffer from all kinds of diseases who were there to received our humble help… We left with the Pilgrimage Dioceses of Castellon (Spain), the reason being that my friend is from the village of Torreblanca. We were a total of 600 people that of which 100 were sick patients the rest included doctors, nurses, cooks, priests, helper’s etc. it is an impressive organisation. Our mission was to participate as transporters this meant transporting the sick in their wheelchairs, or chariots to the different prayers, the grout, the bathing baths, but most important to have discussions with them to simply talk to them, share with them, give them hope, love, courage and of course hugs and kisses something that most of them are missing in their every daily lives, during a week of prayers, masses and pilgrimage… I learned many things there and had some amazing miracles happen to me personally...
It was a great adventure...I am very greatful.
I thank you all for your wonderful comments and support...

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Andrea, a very moving description of your experience. Thanks for sharing with us! You deserve a rest!

4:46 PM  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

That is a great post -- and I hope you were able to get more pictures and will show us further scenes soon.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

welcome back andrea and do have a good rest! till then, bless you.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Welcome back and thanks for sharing!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Kala said...

I don't know if there is anything more beautiful and uplifting than the gift of kindness amongst strangers and friends.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

This is very inspiring. I agree with Kala...one of my favorite bumper stickers I've seen is "Practice random acts of kindness".

7:29 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

This is a great post Andrea! God bless you!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Love your photos and your write-ups.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Noblese said...

God bless you also for that what you are doing for the sick and needy. Thanks for sharing. Lourdes does have this effect on people ... I was there a few years ago and one is overwhelmed by this spirit.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I’m lost for words reading your story, God bless all of you.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home